Is there any cure for copd? COPD or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease is a progressive disease that tends to make breathing difficult. The symptoms of the condition are miserable, which includes chronic coughing and wheezing that produces a lot of mucus and causes chest tightness.
Dear Fellow Sleep Apnea Sufferer, If you’re reading this letter, you’re probably sick of struggling with your CPAP, and fed up with suffering from sleep apnea. You know that there are alternative treatments to sleep apnea out there, treatments that are easier, quicker, and cheaper than CPAP and...
Caused due to various reasons, such as prolonged exposure to allergies and pollution, smoking and other environmental and health problems, COPD is the fourth leading cause of demise in the United States. Whilst there are different types of traditional treatments the condition, natural cure for COPD has come up as one of the commonest and most effective methods of healing the condition from its roots.
Noted herein is a few methods of natural cure for COPD:
Alternatives to Traditional Medicine
According to research, there are some natural supplements that can cure COPD clearly. These supplements comprise of natural ingredients, such as herbs and nutrients that can combat breathing problems and proffer a soothing effect. Some of the common supplements recommended for the condition are:
– Vitamin C, D, E: As per the University of Maryland research reports, Vitamin deficiency has been the leading cause of COPD. Supplementing the body with these vitamins can help in curing the condition.
– Magnesium: Lower levels of magnesium due to lack of proper nutrition alters lung functions to cause problems. Therefore, giving generous amounts of magnesium to the body can improve lung functions.
– Omega 3 fatty acids: It acts as anti-inflammatory agents and helps in soothing COPD. It is a natural cure for COPD as it works by countering the inflammation of airway in patients with COPD. Omega 3 fatty acids can be derived from foods and supplements. It is abundantly found in oily fishes, walnuts, flaxseed, canola oil and soybeans.
– Glutamine: An essential amino acid that helps in curing COPD.
– Creatine: Often recommended as it helps in increasing muscle endurance and strength. Wastage of skeletal muscles and their overall dysfunction is the two strong and independent predictors of mortality in COPD patients. Creatine supplements will help in increasing muscle mass and overall performance. It will further promote fat-free mass and increase muscular capacity of the body.
Antioxidant Profile for COPD
The two characteristic features of COPD are chronic inflammation and oxidative stress. Antioxidants help in targeting these features and boost the overall endogenous levels of the antioxidants to cure COPD. Different types of antioxidants, either in the form of supplements or natural sources, can be used as natural cures for COPD.
Soy foods contain generous amounts of omega 3 fatty acids that help in reducing the effects of COPD significantly. It leads to fewer episodes of breathing problems and reduced breathlessness.
Natural cure for COPD remains incomplete without the herbs. There are different herbs that contribute to an improved respiratory condition and breathing.
– Ginseng: Ginseng is one of the most beneficial roots that are used for treating patients with different illnesses. The use of ginseng is prevalent in traditional Chinese Medicine for the past 2000 years. Ginseng can be taken directly, as root, or in the form of tablets or capsules, as available.
– Olive leaf: One of the common herbs that can ease the symptoms and misery of COPD, olive leaf is unequivocally beneficial. It can reduce inflammation and help in treating the real infection. It also acts as natural antibiotic having antiviral, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
– Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne pepper improves breathing and increases blood circulation. A blend of cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar and honey can be extremely beneficial for curing COPD.
– Serrapeptase: It is a naturally occurring enzyme that has inhibitory effects on the prostaglandins. It does not cause any gastrointestinal side effects.
There are several other herbal cures for COPD, which includes Echinacea, astragalus, quercetin, ginseng, milk thistle, lobelia, eucalyptus and thyme. Any of these herbs can be used to treat the condition effectively.
Salt Therapy is an innovative procedure that has led to significant improvement in patients with COPD. The therapy has demonstrated positive dynamics of several symptoms; it has helped in decreasing the intensity and frequency of cough, easier sputum expectoration and seedy recovery.
Salt aerosol is inhaled to cleanse the entire respiratory system and speed up the process of toxin elimination. Salt aerosol is known to have excellent bactericidal effects that cleanse microbial flora of respiratory tract, thereby swing down the growth of bacteria. Salt aerosol also works like a decongestant, and helps in reducing inflammation widening of airways.
Salt Therapy is 100% natural and safe treatment for COPD.
Source by Tanya Deb